NAME: Dr Manjula K, MBBS, DNB
Consultant – Glaucoma & Cataract Services
The Eye Foundation, Bengaluru
- Completed long term (2years) Glaucoma fellowship from Aravind eye hospital, Madurai in 2015.
- Phaco and Glaucoma surgeon, practising at Bangalore Nethralaya, Banashankari 2nd stage, Bangalore – 560070.
- DNB Ophthalmology from Bangalore West Lions Super-Speciality Eye Hospital, Bangalore in 2012.
- Diploma in Hospital health Management from Indira Gandhi national open university in 2008.
- Completed MBBS from Dr BR Ambedkar Medical college in 2005.
- Phaco and Glaucoma surgeon – Bangalore Nethralaya, Bangalore – 2016.
- Medical officer Glaucoma – Aravind eye hospital, Salem – 2016.
- Consultant Ophthalmologist – Bangalore Nethralaya, Bangalore – 2013.
- Good experience in medical management, laser procedures and surgical management of glaucoma.
- Conducted more than 1500 small incision cataract surgeries, about 400 Phacoemulsification surgeries (including topical Phaco), about 300 Trabeculectomies, 2 cases of AADI implantation, many cases of Bleb needling and few cases of Bleb revision with good post-operative outcome during my career.
- Good experience in treating general ophthalmological conditions, conducting minor OPD procedures like Incision and Curettage for chalazion, Incision and drainages, Yag capsulotomies, Yag membranectomies, etc..
DISSERTATION – A prospective clinical study of visual outcomes and complications of vitrectomy for vitreous hemorrhage in Diabetic retinopathy.
PAPER PRESENTATION – Free paper presentation in 30th Annual conference of Karnataka ophthalmological society in 2011 November on “Vitrectomy for vitreous haemorrhage in Diabetic retinopathy – our experience”.
POSTER PRESENTATION – Changes in Intraocular Pressure after Laser Peripheral Iridotomy in Primary Angle-Closure Suspects– Eyefest 2014, 24th Annual conference of Glaucoma society of India.
- 1st prize in quiz – Dr. KRM Memorial Award in the 30th Annual conference of Karnataka ophthalmological society in November 2011.
- Qualified for the “Top 100” round of Allergan achievers award in November 2010.
MEMBERSHIPS IN SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
- Karnataka ophthalmic society
- Delhi ophthalmologic society
- All India ophthalmologic society
- Glaucoma society of India
- Indian Medical association
REGISTRATION – Karnataka Medical Council (KMC) registration: 75243, dated 02/11/2006.