Name : DR.PRAVEEN MURALY; MBBS, DNB, FVRS
Consultant – Vitreo retina and Uveal Disorders
The Eye Foundation , Bengaluru.
- Completed MBBS from Goa University, Goa.
- Completed DNB from Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai under National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi.
- Fellowship at Aravind Eye Institute, Madurai in Vitreo retinal surgery.
- Assistant professor and Vitreo retinal surgeon at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai from 4years.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Medical Retina
- Surgical Retina
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Myopic tractional maculopathy associated with rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. Eye. 2009 March; 23(3):739-740
- Twenty-three-gauge two-port pars plana lensectomy for the management of ectopia lentis. Retina. 2010 Jun;30(6):971-4
- Single session of pascal versus multiple sessions of conventional laser for panretinal photocoagulation in proliferative diabetic retinopathy a Comparitive Study. Retina. 2011 Jul-Aug; 31(7):1359-65.
- Molecular diagnosis and ocular imaging of West Nile virus retinitis and neuroretinitis. Ophthalmology. 2013 Sep;120(9):1820-6
- Analysis of FFA, OCT, B scan ultrasound and other imaging techniques.
- Proficient in various intravitreal injections, pneumoretinopexy, and core vitrectomy for various posterior segment pathologies.
- Posterior segment laser procedures like PRP, focal, grid, barrage etc including lasers for ROP.
- Performed more than 2000 major vitreo-retinal surgeries involving scleral buckling, 20/23 G vitrectomy, buckle-vitrectomy, ERM and ILM peeling over the last 7 years.
- Extensive experience in the diagnosis and management of various simple and complex vitreo-retinal diseases including macular hole, complicated retinal detachments with PVR, diabetic tractional retinal detachments, giant retinal tears, intraocular foreign bodies, endophthalmitis etc.
- Performed more than 1500 small incisional cataract surgery, well versed with sac surgery (DCT/DCR), and other anterior segment surgeries.
- Myopic tractional maculopathy as rare cause for visual loss in degenerative myopia- Vitreo Retinal Society of India 2009 Dharmasala (best poster presentation).
- 23 gauge pars plana lensectomy for children with ectopia lentis- Vitreo Retinal Society of India -2009 Dharmasala
- Traumatic macular hole – observation versus surgical management, a comparitive study- All India Ophthalmology Conference-2009 Kolkotta.
- Retinal imaging using optical coherence tomography and quantitative analysis of foveal anatomy in nanophthalmic eyes- Vitreo Retinal Society of India-2010 Mysore.
- Comparing C3F8 versus SF6 gas tamponade in sutureless surgical management for idiopathic macular holes- Vitreo Retinal Society of India -2010 Mysore.
- Cone dystrophy- is OCT of any value. Asia Pacific Vitreo Retinal Society -2011.
- Comparing the economical burden of conventional laser (multiple sitting) versus single sitting via pascal laser in the management of proliferative diabetic retinopathy-All India Ophthalmology Conference – 2014 Agra.
- Combined hemi central retinal artery & vein occlusion associated with rheumatoid arthritis- Vitreo Retinal Society of India- 2013 Lavassa.
- As an Assistant professor, I am actively involved in classes, seminars and workshops for post-doctoral fellows, post graduate students of ophthalmology and paramedical staff.