Dr. Shrutanjoy Mohan Das MBBS, MS, FAEH, FERS
Senior Consultant – Vitreo retina and Uveal Disorders,
The Eye Foundation, Bangalore.
- M.B.B.S – Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati (GMCH) in 2001.
- M.S (Ophthalmology) – RIO,Gauhati Medical College, Guwahati (GMCH) in 2006.
- Fellowship in Vitreo-retina – Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati in 2010 to 2012.
- Fellowship in Comprehensive Ophthalmology – Aravind Eye Hospital- Theni, Madurai &
Tamil Nadu in 2007 to 2009
- Vitreo-Retina Consultant at Nirmal Ashram Eye Institute, Rishikesh, Sohana (2009-2010).
- Vitreo-Retina Consultant at Baba Bihari Netralaya, Sirsa, Hariyana (2007-2008).
- CATARACT SURGERY: ECCE with IOL, SICS with IOL and PHACOEMULSIFICATION with
- MEDICAL RETINA: Retinal lasers: PRP, focal and grid lasers, barrage lasers with DF Nd: YAG laser ( Slit-lamp mounted and with LIO).
- GLAUCOMA SURGERY: TRAB and TRAB with IOL.
- Anterior segment lasers: YAG capsulotomy and YAG PI.
- Orbit and oculoplasty surgery: DCT, DCR, entropion and ectropion correction, lid tear repair, cyst excision etc.
- Other surgeries like corneal tear repair, traumatic cataract extraction, pterygium excision with autografting etc.
- Hands on exposure in FFA, USG, OCT, GDx, UBM etc.
- Independent management of community centers and vision centers.
- Retinal detachment surgery-Scleral buckling, vitrectomy with endolaser and internal temponade with silicon oil or Gas, Pneumoretinopexy, complex surgeries like GRT and with massive PVR.
- Vitreous haemorhhage- conventional vitrectomy/ 23G, 25G sutureless vitrectomy with endolaser.
- Pars plana lensectomy.
- Macular surgery- macular hole, epiretinal membrane, vitreo-macular traction.
- IOFB removal , intravitreal parasitic cyst removal.
- Complex TRD surgery- Bimanual vitrectomy with Membrane peeling, ERM removal.
- Surgical management of Dropped lens or IOL and scleral fixated IOL.
- Combined procedures like silicon oil removal with Phaco with IOL, vit lavage with Phaco with IOL and combined cataract surgery and vitreous surgery at the same sitting.
- Management of ocular trauma and endophthalmitis- intravitreal injections/ vit biopsy and intravitreal antibiotic or antifungal.
- Screening for ROP and laser treatment with diode lasers.
- Intravitreal injections of Bevacizumab(Avastin), Ranibizumab(Lucentis), steroid implants (Ozurdex).
- Lasers- PRP, Grid and focal laser, barrage laser(slit lamp mounted/ LIO).
- PRP, grid or focal laser in PASCAL laser system.
- TTT and PDT for retinal and choroidal tumours.
- Diagnostic procedures- FFA, ICG angiography in Heidelberg Retinal Angiogram, OCT, Electrodiagnostic procedures including Multifocal ERG, ocular ultrasonography.
- Diagnosis and management of posterior and panuveitis diseases.
- ALL ASSAM OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY CONFERENCE in yr 2003 and in 2004 and 2005
- Attended Mid-term conferences of AAOS In 2003, 2004, 2005.
- 62nd ALL INDIA OPHTHALMOLOGICAL CONFERENCE in VARANASI in 2004.
- 63rd ALL INDIA OPHTHALMOLOGICAL CONFERENCE in BHUVANESWAR in 2005.
- XV ANNUAL MEET OF OCULOPLASTY ASSOCIATION OF INDIA in Guwahati in 2004.
- PG seminar in Kolkata on COMMUNITY OPHTHALMOLOGY organized by ORBIS in their DC-10 air-craft in 2005.
- Live surgical workshop & CME (VISION-2006) in Nalbari eye hospital. Nalbari, Assam.
- Annual conference of DELHI OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY, New Delhi In April, 2007.
- CME on “Current practices in glaucoma ” in Aravind Eye Hospital, Tirunelveli, Tamilnadu in July, 2007.
- Workshop on “Research methodology” in LAICO in Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai in October, 2008.
- CME on “Retinoblastoma-Current practice patterns ” in Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati.
- CME on “Diabetic retinopathy and its management” in Sri Sankaradeva Nethralaya, Guwahati.
- CME on “Current concepts in AMD management” in Sri Sankaradeva nethralaya, Guwahati.
- Quarterly meets of Guwahati Academy of ophthalmology in 2010 and 2011.
- International conference of Association of Community Ophthalmologists in India (ACOIN-2011) in Guwahati, October 2011.
- Annual conference of Ophthalmological Society Of Assam (OSACON-2011) Shillong, November 2011.
- Retrospective analysis of ocular trauma in paediatric age group in a tertiary eye care centre.
AAOS Conf, 2004.
- Microcornea, posterior embryotoxon with cataract-a rare case presentation. AAOS conf, 2004.
- Aspergellous Niger Keratitis- a case report. AAOS conf, Poster (Co-author).
- A rare case of retinal vasculitis associated with syphilis. AAOS conf, 2010.
- Live worm of Dirofilaria in anterior chamber.GAO meet, 2010.
- Non sclerotomy silicon oil removal- a pilot study.OSACON 2011.
- Exudative retinal detachment with presumed choroidal tubercular granuloma, OSACON 2011.
- Management of dropped nucleus or lens matter – Guwahati Academy of Ophthalmology Times
Intravitreal steroids- Guwahati Academy of Ophthalmology Times.
- Life member All India Ophthalmological Society.
- Life member Ophthalmological society of Assam.
- Life member Guwahati academy of Ophthalmology.