Name: DR. TAMILARASI S MBBS, M.S.
Consultant – General Ophthalmology
The Eye Foundation, Coimbatore
POST GRADUATION (2004- 2007):
- M.S in Ophthalmology – Aravind Eye Hospital and Post Graduate Institute of Ophthalmology, Madurai affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University
- Has passed The Basic Science Assessment and The Clinical Science Assessment in Ophthalmology conducted by the International Council Of Ophthalmology in the year 2005 And 2008 respectively.
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Coimbatore affiliated to The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University.
- Completed MS in the year 2007 and joined as Assistant Professor in the Department of Cataract and IOL Services. Did lots of Small Incision Cataract Surgeries andPhacoemulsification surgeries with Foldable IOL implantation.
- Was trained and managed complicated cataracts and Cataract surgery complications.
- Trained in Secondary IOL Implantation, TORIC and Multifocal IOL implantation.
- Tamil Nadu Ophthalmological Society
- All India Ophthalmological Society
- Indian Medical Association
- Awarded Dr. G. Venkatasamy Gold Medal for Academic Excellence in M.S., Ophthalmology.
PRESENTATION AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Poster Presentation in AAO – 2008 – Comparison of External with Endonasal Surgical Dacryocystorhinostomy.
- AIOS 2011– Posterior Capsular Opacification in different types of IOL designs and materials
- AIOS 2011 – Outcomes of Iris fixated IOL s
- TNOA 2009 – Outcomes of Iris fixated IOL s
- TNOA 2010 – Presented in Biometry Instruction Course – Various A Scan s and IOL Formulae
- Review article in Journal of TNOA -IOLMaterials and Designs
- Ophthalmology Today 2009 – Case Response
- Phaco Excel2008 (Aravind Eye Care Systems International Phaco Workshop)- SICS in Brown and White Cataracts
- PG updates Programme in 2009 – Intraoperative Complications of Cataract Surgery and Newer IOLs.
- DNB Workshop in 2008- IOL power calculation.
- Lectures and Seminars for Post Graduate and Nursing students.
- Trained Postgraduate candidates and External trainees in Small Incision Cataract surgery And Phacoemulsification surgery.