Dr. Jatinder Singh MBBS, MS, DNB
Senior Consultant – Vitreo-Retina Surgeon & Uvea Consultant,
The Eye Foundation, Coimbatore.
- M.B.B.S – Goa University.
- M.S (Ophthalmology) – Goa Medical College.
- DNB (Ophthalmology) – National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
- FELLOWSHIP in Retina & Vitreous in 2003 (Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai).
- Senior Resident in Ophthalmology at Goa Medical College & Hospital, Bambolim, Goa(2001-2002).
- Vitreo-Retina Consultant, at Guru Harkrishan Sahib Charitable Trust Eye Hospital, Sohana (Near Chandigarh)(2003-2005).
- Vitreo-Retina Consultant at S.B. Dr. Sohan Singh Eye Hospital, Amritsar (2005-2011).
- Associate Professor and Senior Vitreo-Retina Consultant, at Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai (2011-2017).
- Attended many state, zonal and national conferences with paper &/or poster presentations. The salient ones are enumerated.
- VRSI Annual Conferences:
2002 (Chandigarh), “Transpupillary thermotherapy in Choroidal neovascularization secondary to non-ARMD etiologies” at the 2006 (Kochi), “Post-Vitrectomy Endophthalmitis” 2009 (Palampur), 3 Posters (Submacular cysticercosis, Foveal Duplication with Morning Glory, Visual improvement following RPE tear) 2011 (APVRS, Hyderabad), Poster (Long-term complications of post CMV-related Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment 2013 (Lavassa, Pune) Invited faculty Talk on Macular Telangiectasia, 2015 (Kumarakom) MacTel with NSRD: Case Presentation 2016 (Chandigarh) Pneumatic Macular hole repair (Paper), Novel method to remove multiple glass intraocular foreign bodies (Video)
- Invited Faculty Talks:
Intraoperative hemostasis in vitreoretinal surgery, Annual Conference of Delhi Ophthalmological Society, The Ashok, New Delhi, 2013 “Traumatic Macular Hole”, Annual Conference of Ocular Trauma Society India, Amritsar, 2014 “FEVR, Coats, VPT & Other Differentials, Biennial Diabetic Retinopathy Symposium, Pondicherry. “Macular Telangiectasia” TNOA 2015, Madurai “Traumatic Macular Hole”, Delhi Retina Meet, 2016, New Delhi Proliferative Vitreoretinoapthy (PVR) with Hypotony, Delhi Retina Meeting 2016 Investigational Pharmacotherapiies in DR, CROSSFIRE, 2016 Hyderabad FFA in routine Management of DR, RVO & nAMD, Crossfire, 2016 Intravitreal Pharmacotherapy for Daibetic Macular Edema, Punjab Ophthalmological Society, 2016, Amritsar VitreoRetinal Update: Basics of Vitrectomy, Micropulse Laser, Macular Hole Surgery with Air tamponade Attended all the annual meetings of RetNetIndia with presentations (since 2007), a prominent conglomerate of retinal consultants across the country
- Co-Instructor Talks:
AIOC 2015: Avastin in combinational therapy for retinal diseases
AIOS 2015: Later complications of Vitreoretinal surgery.
APOC 2015: Block-related posterior segment complications
APOC 2015: Pharmacotherapy for DME
AIOC 2017: OCT angiography in DR & MacTel
- Reviewer for Journals like Retinal Cases & Brief Reports, IJO, MEAJO, Cas Rep Ophthalmol Med, Saudi JO, Oman JO, J Med Case Rep, JCOR
- Teaching faculty in National PG update Programs and Refresher Courses
- EYEXCEL workshop (2014): training the trainers (4 day workshop on planning and execution of training programs)
- Familial exudative Vitreoretinopathy Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 2003.
- Atypical manifestations of diabetic retinopathy Current Opinion in Ophthalmology, 2003
- Macular Ischemia as a marker for diabetic nephropathy Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, 2004
- Transpupillary Thermotherapy for Type 2A Idiopathic juxtafoveolar telangiectasis. American Journal of Ophthalmology, 2004
- Macular Infarction following viperine snake bite. Archives of Ophthalmology, 2007
- Transient central retinal artery occlusion following viperine snake bite. (Reply to editor). Archives of Ophthalmology 2008
- Three Chapters in Principles and Practice of Vitreoretinal Surgery, Textbook published by Jaypee: a)Hemostasis during vitreoretinal surgery; b)Intravitreal Steroids; c)Management of Postvitrectomy glaucoma
- On the Safety profile of Ocublue Plus(BBG 0.05%)(Correspondence) Eye 2014
- Temporal Macular dimple in Retinopathy of Prematurity (Ophthalmic Images) JAMA Ophthalmol 2015
- Submacular parasite masquerading as posterior pole granuloma. (Case report) Case Reports in Ophthalmological Medicine 2015, Article ID 910383
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Challenges (Asymptomatic inner retinal hyperreflectivity) Retina 2017 (In Press)
- Over 15 years of experience in management of Retina & Uvea diseases,
- Proficient in performing vitreo-retinal surgical procedures of varying complexity. Has devised innovative surgical modifications for Macular hole, OD pit maculopathy and myopic tractional maculopathy
- Experienced in the management of Pediatric Retinal disorders like Retinoblastoma, ROP, Coats disease, FEVR and others.
- Skilled and experienced in interpretation of investigational modalities like Fluorescein angiography (FFA), Indocyanine Green Angiography (ICGA), Ultrasonography (A and B-scan), Optical coherence tomography (OCT), Electrophysiological tests (ERG, EOG and VEP), Microperimetry, OCT angiography.
- Around 15 years of experience of teaching retinal lasers to PGs, short and long-term VR fellows
- Conducted lectures and moderated multiple case presentations in departmental meetings, symposia, journal clubs and CME programs in multi-center teleconferences. Played pivotal role in discussions in in-house and national retinal meetings
- Instrumental in designing the curriculum for the Vitreo-Retinal fellowship Program at Aravind Eye Care System.
- Planned & prepared the medical information for the initial development of the software for Electronic Medical Records for Aravind Eye Hospitals.
- Played an active & major role in the program development for the Tele-Ophthalmology under TIFAC-CORE (Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council- Center of Relevance & Excellence) Project for Diabetic Retinopathy.
- Designed the curriculum & course Modules for the Certificate Course in Evidence-based Management of Diabetic retinopathy (CCDR) in association with Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI). Also honoured for outstanding conotribution as Academic partner & Regional Faculty (Madurai) for the CCDR 2015-16
- Designed and Prepared the VRSI Newsletter : 2 Issues under aegis of Vitreoretinal Society (India) for the Convenor Scientific committee 2016.