- Schooling at New Delhi
- MBBS from JIPMER, Pondicherry
- M.D.OPHTHALMOLOGY from R.P. Center, AIIMS, New Delhi
- DNB in Ophthalmology
- Fellowship in VITREORETINAL SURGERY
- Worked as VITREORETINAL Consultant under Dr.S.S.BADRINATH at Chennai for two years.
- Was the CHAIRMAN – SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE of All India Ophthalmological Society (AIOS) which is an association of over 18,000 Ophthalmologists from all over India. As Chairman he was in charge of coordinating the entire scientific activities of the association from 2008 – 2014.
- At present he is the President of AIOS and Immediate Past President of Tamilnadu Ophthalmic Association (TNOA).
- Created e-awareness among the Ophthalmologists and started Email group to discuss, clear clinical doubts in day-to-day practice, which is being accessed by nearly 8400 ophthalmologists on a daily basis.
- Edited “Ready Reckoner in Ophthalmology” for a universal code of preferred practice covering the entire gamut of ophthalmology. This book with more than 300 authors contributing is a ready reference for the practitioner as well as student of ophthalmology.
Chairman of EYE FOUNDTION with 7 branches spread across India
The seven centers together employ 26 full time consultants and 40 Optometrists with total staff strength of about 400. State of the art treatment for all sub specialties is provided in these centres.
Is a trustee of NETHRA JYOTHI TRUST, a registered charitable trust through which all the eye camps and other charitable activities are carried out.
The hospital is recognized for DNB in ophthalmology,MGR university affiliated Fellowships in Cornea & Comprehensive Ophthalmology,2 year fellowship in optometry & an ophthalmic nursing course affiliated to Bharathiyar university.
Has been trained at premier eye centers around the world in USA, UK, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Has been a guest speaker and invited faculty at various State, Regional, National and International level meetings and seminars and has performed live surgeries at many centers throughout the country and abroad.
Was a member of the Cornea Sub Committee for ICO (International Council of Ophthalmology).
Co-Chairman of the Scientific Committee for the APAO (Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology) meet to be held at Seoul in 2012 & Hyderabad in 2013.
Is a Reviewer of Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, EYE & BJO.