Dr. Shamika Pravin Ghaisas
Consultant Cataract, Paediatric & Neuro Ophthalmology at The Eye Foundation, Tiruppur, Tamil Nadu.
- “Suprasellar paraganglioma in a clinical setting of Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome” published in BMJ case reports in March 2022 as chief author.
- “Partial Visual Recovery after Delayed Surgery in a Case of Rhinogenic Optic Neuropathy: Report of a Case and Review of Literature” published in Indian journal of Neurology 2021 as a co-author.
- “Elevated dimethylarginine, ATP, cytokines, metabolic remodeling involving tryptophan metabolism and potential microglial inflammation characterize primary open angle glaucoma.” Published in Nature- scientific reports in May 2021 as a co-author.
RESEARCH WORK AND PRESENTATIONS:
- “A prospective study on ocular trauma- clinical profile, factors affecting visual outcome and
correlation with Ocular Trauma Score (OTS)” as dissertation submitted to National Board of
Examinations in 2018.
- Presented the same as poster in Ocular Traumacon organized by Sankara Nethralaya in
Chennai-2018. Presented paper titled “A prospective analysis of the efficacy of SLT in patients
with open angle glaucoma” at Glaucoma Society of India annual conference 2018 at
Kovalam. (as co-author).
- Presented an e-poster titled “correlation of clinical and radiological findings of young
patients with neuro ophthalmic features” at Indian Neuro-ophthalmology Society 1st Annual
conference at New Delhi- 2018. (co-author).
- Presented an e-case titled “an unusual case of ocular cysticercosis mimicking third nerve
palsy” at Indian Neuro-ophthalmology Society 1st Annual conference at New Delhi- 2018.
- Presented an e-poster titled “Management of large angle exotropia in a child with Opitz
syndrome.” at grand rounds in pediatric ophthalmology 2019.
- Presented an e-poster titled “Compressive optic neuropathy due to a large pediatric
intracranial aneurysm.” at grand rounds in pediatric ophthalmology 2019.
- Presented an e-poster titled “Clinical profile of patients with Ethambutol toxicity- A case
series” at Synapse (neuro-ophthalmology conference) at Sankara Nethralaya Chennai 2019.
- Presented a podium presentation at AIOC 2020—Gurugram titled “Cavernous sinus
thrombosis- a case series”.
- Presented a paper titled “accommodative esotropia with a difference” at the (virtual) AIOC
- Presented a paper titled “Ganglion cell loss in compressive optic neuropathy and its utility in
pre-perimetric neuropathy” in AIOC 2022, Mumbai.
- Presented a video titled “The eyes are windows to the body” in AIOC 2022, Mumbai.